[Zope] www.zope.org and www.zope.org:18200 both back up

Ken Manheimer klm@digicool.com
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 16:33:01 -0400

Michael Bernstein wrote:

> > Both the zope sites are back in service.  (I.e., the current
> > www.zope.org and the one that's running on port 18200.)
> >
> > The problem was an infinite recursion in the error handling of the
> > www.zope.org site - the hole that allows this to happen is fixed in
the
> > 1.10.x and later releases, but we're still running 1.9 for the zope
> > site.  There's a moral there somewhere.  Sigh.
>
> Maybe you should shift the new site to beta.zope.org:18200 instead of
the same
> machine. Then you could install a newer version of Zope on it.

Actually, the issue is not the logistics of upgrading - that would be
fairly easy, in fact - but rather, the time for someone (probably me) to
just do it - that also wouldn't be prohibitive, but we have to balance
it against how imminent a migration to the new zope2 site might be, and
that's not yet determined...

Ken
klm@digicool.com