[Zope] Zope 2.0 final release update...

Brian Lloyd Brian@digicool.com
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 17:29:45 -0400

ote:
> > We plan to release a beta 5 this week with fixes to the
> > must-fix bugs that have been reported to date (including the
>
> Did you fix the bug regarding BASEn and URLn variables?  On 2.0.0b4, I
> cannot say:
>
> 	<!--#var BASE1-->
> 	<!--#var URL2-->
>
> Both variables are undefined according to Zope.  I saw nothing in the
> documentation I received which indicated this was the case.

Samuel,

I think what you are seeing is dependent on _where_ you are
trying to use those variables. For example, if you try to use
URL2 in a place where there aren't actually that many components
to the url, you will get a KeyError (in other words, URLn or BASEn
will only work if they can give you a meaningful value - for instance
using URL2 when the url is http://www.foo.com/index.html is meaningless,
because it cant chop two steps off of the url in that case).

Hope this helps!

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909