[Zope] (bug?) long result sets sometimes return wrongmime-type "Application/Octet-Stream" "Application/Octet-Stream"

Heiko Stoermer heiko@mig.net
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 11:08:32 +0200

Martijn Pieters wrote:

> At 17:38 18/08/99 , Heiko Stoermer wrote:
> >I think I discovered a bug (might be even two, now that I think about
> >it):
> >
> >I have a simple ZSQL query that returns some 500 rows. I created a
> >standard search interface (size=50), which of course produces the "next
> >x results" hyperlink at the bottom of the table.
> >Now:
> >1.) the Hyperlink always says "Next 1 results", where it should say
> >50... (or whatever I put in the "size" parameter of the search
> >interface's "in" tag)
> >
> >2.) if I move forward to, say, row 150 or so, using the link sometimes I
> >don't get a page displayed but the Navigator-dialog "save as ...
> >(application/octet-stream)" appears. (I can certainly save the file to
> >disk, reopen it via "file-open" and it gets displayed correctly. of
> >course it does: a "file-open" does not transmit MIME-Types...)
> >If I change the "size" parameter in the search interface to another
> >value (e.g. 200) I get the "save as.."-dialog right away...
> >
> >Is this problem already known, and maybe even solved yet?
>
> What version of Zope are you using? I know of two separate problems that
> cause the aforementioned problems, both fixed in the latest release.

I'm awfully sorry, but it seems that _alpha_2_ is installed on our development
machine...
(I'm not the administrator...) I'll have B4 installed today and I hope this
fixes the problems.

Thanks though,

Heiko.

--