[Zope] pcgi error message.

Jeff Bauer jeffbauer@bigfoot.com
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 08:25:55 -0500

Andreas Kostyrka wrote:
> At the moment I'm a bit stymified about a nonworking ZOPE :(
>
> So what exactly does this mean:
>
> Temporarily Unavailable
>
> The resource you requested is temporarily unavailable -
> please try again later.
>
> (102) failure during connect

Andreas,

This is the archtypical fatal error message.  The
pcgi-wrapper couldn't establish the connection.  You
may be able to use pcgifile to figure out why:

  http://starship.python.net/crew/jbauer/persistcgi/pcgifile/

The 102 error code is simply a way to help you quickly
locate where it occurs in the C source.  I used the
original "Temporarily unavailable" error message for
backward consistency with earlier pcgi version.  Since I
know you're a skilled C programmer with vast knowledge
about http & sockets, I won't spend too much time
assisting you.  Remember that last statement next time
I need help from you <wink>.  Seriously, you may find
it easiest to put in some debug code into pcgi-wrapper
and recompile it if pcgifile.py doesn't help.

"temporary"-is-however-long-it-takes-for-Andreas-to-fix-it-ly yr's

Jeff Bauer
Rubicon Research