[Zope] HTML formatting overlooked

Tim Wilson wilson@chemsun.chem.umn.edu
Sun, 22 Aug 1999 00:56:18 -0500 (CDT)

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to take advantage of the Random Content HOWTO
(http://www.zope.org:18200/Documentation/How-To/RandomContent) to generate
random quotes from famous scientists. I followed the directions carefully,
but apparently I screwed up somewhere. Here's what I did.

1. I created a new folder just under / called 'quotes'
2. I filled /quotes with three DTML Methods--each one contained one quote.
Here's an example:

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&#151;Albert Einstein</p>

That's the entire contents of the object.

3. In my index_html object (in a sub-folder), I put the following dtml
(according to the directions):

expr="_.whrandom.choice(quotes.objectValues())"></td>

Unfortunately, Zope renders the contents of the quote literally,
replacing, for example, all the < with &lt;. The result can be seen at
http://206.131.108.122:8080/atlas/.

Why does this happen?

-Tim

--
Timothy Wilson       | "The faster you  |  Check out:
Henry Sibley H.S.    |  go, the shorter | http://slashdot.org/