[Zope] why does this not work ?

Evan Simpson evan@4-am.com
Sun, 22 Aug 1999 13:36:14 -0500

Joachim Schmitz wrote:

> here is a code snipplet, which behaves misteriously (at least to me)

[snip]

> <!--#call "REQUEST.set('qstemp',qs)" -->

[snip]

> <!--#if "si == qstemp" -->

[snip]

> apparently the if evaluates only to true, if both values are "0".

Where does the value of 'qs' come from?  If it originates as a form variable
without an ':int' qualifier, as I suspect, then its value will be a string,
while 'si' is an integer.  Are you starting things off differently in the
"0" case?  You probably want to convert 'qs' to an integer, either by adding
the qualifier or by explicitly using the "_.int()" function.