[Zope] NewBeZenner Question - recursive methods continued

Evan Simpson evan@4-am.com
Sun, 22 Aug 1999 15:14:59 -0500

Roché Compaan wrote:

> In the standard_html_header I declare a new variable:
> <!--#call REQUEST.set('pageid',id)-->
>
> I then compare <!--#if expr="id <> 'REQUEST.pageid'"--> to determine what
> Folder Image should be rendered and if a hyperlink should be created.  I
> tried to simply display the pageid variable to determine it's value:
> <!--#var expr="_[pageid]"--> ,
> but it produced an error

You have quoting problems here.  "id <> 'REQUEST.pageid'" compares the value
of  'id' to the literal string 'REQUEST.pageid'.  You want "id <>
REQUEST.pageid" instead.  If you want to see the value of pageid, use
<!--#var pageid-->.  What you wrote attempts to look up the object whose id
is stored in pageid.