[Zope] Starting Zope from Telnet

Ross J. Reedstrom reedstrm@wallace.ece.rice.edu
Sun, 22 Aug 1999 23:47:38 -0500

On Fri, Aug 20, 1999 at 09:42:08PM +0200, Alexander Staubo wrote:
> If your question is "how to execute ZServer on Linux without having its
> process being killed when I close the terminal session", the answer is
> something like:
>
>   nohup ./start &
>
> (For more information, do "man nohup")

Even simpler: edit the start script, remove the '-D' switch. This is a
beta, after all, so having debugging on by default (including remaining
attached to the terminal) is certainly valid. Typing:

./start --help

get's you a nice (long!) usage message, including this nugget:

  -D

    Run in Zope debug mode.  This causes the Zope process not to
    detach from the controlling terminal, and is equivalent to
    supplying the environment variable setting Z_DEBUG_MODE=1

Ross
NSBRI Research Scientist/Programmer