[Zope] calling product ZClass add method

Chris Walter walter@budoe.bu.edu
Mon, 23 Aug 1999 12:01:15 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 23 Aug 1999, Kevin Dangoor wrote:

>     I'm working on a HOWTO for this. It should be done later today... The
> first bit is there now, but I need to do some more testing/playing around...
>
>     http://www.zope.org:18200/Members/tazzzzz/addZClasses
>
> Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the response. Your howto is clear(although I don't
understand the _.None,_).

Unfortunately it's not really what I need.  I am trying to add a ZClass
instance inside of *another type* of ZClass instance.  So the ZClass
instance is not a method of the ZClass itself.

The closest I have come is something like this:

<dtml-call "Control_Panel.Products.photoCD.multiRes_add(pcd0686,REQUEST)">

Unfortunately then the name space isn't right and the multiRes_add
method can't find multiRes.  I tried encasing the whole thing in
various dtml-withs like this:

<dtml-with Control_Panel>
<dtml-with Products>
<dtml-with photoCD>
<dtml-call "Control_Panel.Products.photoCD.multiRes_add(pcd0686,REQUEST)">
</dtml-with>
</dtml-with>
</dtml-with>

and this almost works except that then it produces the instance in the
Products/photoCD directory instead of where I am calling it from.

-Chris
walter@budoe.bu.edu