[Zope] Re: XSL and DTML was: a funny thing happened today...

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Mon, 23 Aug 1999 23:49:52 -0400

Paul Prescod wrote:

> I think that XSL is what DTML would become if it was evolved toward the
> problem of rendering real-world XML. The fundamental question is how do
> you extend a template structure so that it is recursive and polymorphic.
> Consider this model:

DTML is recursive, however it is not polymorphic, as such would require
some sort of code manipulation protcol and enhancements to the DTML
security.  Full polymorphism would be, of course, a plus with an added
level of complexity, makes me thing of LISP and FORTH.

There is good news however, a recent intern of ours developed alot of
the DOM methods for Zope objects, and I beleive there was some work done
in regard to XSL.  Jim would have more details.

-Michel