[Zope] Simple question (again)

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Tue, 24 Aug 1999 14:13:24 -0400

You mean method right?  <dtml-var id> in a method will give you the id
of the folder, <dtml-var id> in a document will give you the id of the
document.

> I think I must do an objectValue or something like that before. What I
> want
> to do is to compare the id of the current document with a list of
> document
> to see if it's in it :)

You mean methods right? ;)  To get the id of a method, try:

<dtml-var document_id>

Okay, Okay, I *know* this looks really dumb.  Why is the id of a
*method* called *document_id*???  Because before Zope 1.10, there were
no documents, just methods (and they were called documents) and there
was a valid need to get the id of the method (document).  So we gave
methods (documents) the ability to reflect a little information about
themselves into themselves.

It was a hack.

So right now, I would suggest you look at the design of your little app,
and make sure that maybe what you really want are documents, and not
methods.  Any time you want a DTML object to reflect on itself, you're
talking about the need for a DTML Document, and not a Method.

I will append this information to my DTML Document/Method HowTo.

http://www.zope.org:18200/Members/michel/DTMLDocsandMeths

-Michel