[Zope] Apache+Zope (the big picture)

Tim Wilson wilson@chemsun.chem.umn.edu
Tue, 24 Aug 1999 17:38:44 -0500 (CDT)

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to get a handle on using Apache and ZServer together. I've read
what seem to be the relevant docs, but I'm still unclear about something.

Let's say I have a Web server for a domain. Let's call it www.foo.com. I
have a Web site in Zope, but for a number of reasons I need to serve up
some non-Zope pages too (from the same www.foo.com).

Will setting up ZServer and Apache (with the virtual host and rewrite
rules enabled) allow me to have a seamless experience for the person who
visits my site. In other words, is it possible for
http://www.foo.com/index_html (a Zope-powered page) and
http://www.foo.com/example/hello.html (a normal HTML, Apache-served page)
to live and play together nicely.

Some teachers would probably like to have simple Web pages, and for now I
want to make it as easy as possible. Also, some of my sysadmin tools use a
Web interface that couldn't be replicated in Zope.

I hope that question is clear. For some reason it just doesn't make sense
to me yet.

-Tim

--
Timothy Wilson       | "The faster you  |  Check out:
Henry Sibley H.S.    |  go, the shorter | http://slashdot.org/