[Zope] Dictionary properties within Zope.

happyrhino@usa.net happyrhino@usa.net
29 Aug 99 12:50:34 MDT

I'm embarassed to be asking yet another silly question but
after 40 minutes searching the archives and the documentation,
can't find it. Hopefully it'll be short and sweet =

I can add properties which can be lines, strings, numbers.
But hasn't anyone found the need to add dictionaries ?
In almost every website I've created, the global configuration
files are full of dictionary variables.
For example, for navigation menus we might have
navigation = {"Title 1" : URL1, "Title2" : URL2, etc}
from which it's then simple to generate the HTML for the navigation.
And there are many other instances where dictionaries save the day.

This would have been something very useful to put in the root
folder properties as a form of "site configuration".

The only references to dictionaries seem to be with respect to the
REQUEST.cookies and REQUEST.form and DTML doesn't seem to have the
mechanisms for dealing with dictionary properties on folders.

I'm getting around this right now with external methods but I'm also
hoping to move all of my code into the Zope environment.

Again, sorry for yet another question. Believe me, I searched.

Henry