[Zope] newbie: Stupid question

Pavlos Christoforou pavlos@gaaros.msrc.sunysb.edu
Sun, 29 Aug 1999 20:54:27 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 29 Aug 1999, IvO wrote:

> Then I would like to publish python objects in the WEB either with Zope
> (preferable) or without, how do I do that?.
> Let's say I just want to publish the Hello.py example (using PCGI or
> Zope).

If you have already a large collection of Python objects that you need to
publish on the web then my opinion is to use ZPublisher directly and skip
Zope. Zope products have to implement at least parts of the Zope
management interface which can be complicated initially. Alternatively you
can use ZClasses together with a number of external methods and achieve
the same results. In any case I have a complete example that uses
ZPublisher directly and contains all the neccessary components from DC to
publish it. You can download it from:
http://starship.python.net/crew/pavlos/Webftp.tar.gz