[Zope] Performance of webserver?

Bill_Seitz@mail.medscape.com Bill_Seitz@mail.medscape.com
Tue, 31 Aug 1999 10:38:02 -0400

What about compared to Apache with the Python plugin? (I'm pretty sure there is
such a thing, I just can't find the name of it right now....). Obviously that
ignore the complexity of your vanilla-Python app, but it's not unreasonable to
recognize that a typical website will have a mix of
- static pages
- pages with some relatively simple SSI logic
- some pages which could be generated by medium-complexity Python code
- and maybe some stuff that really takes advantage of Zope.

Getting a sense of the rough performance comparisons in each case would be very
helpful. (And if there's a better configuration for certain cases, like use
Medusa instead of Apache, that would get bonus points.)

"Christopher Petrilli" <petrilli@digicool.com> on 08/31/99 09:52:18 AM