[Zope] Incorrect content-type returned by ZServer

Sam Gendler sgendler@teknolojix.com
Wed, 01 Dec 1999 12:32:05 -0800

"David S. Harrison" wrote:

> "David S. Harrison" wrote:
> >
> > I have a Zope 2.0.1 application that is working pretty well except that
> > one page is given the wrong content-type by ZServer.  The page in
> > question is a DTML document with CGI parameters.  I wrote a debugging
> > application in Java to trap the input and output between the browser
> > and the server.  Here is a log from a successful transaction:
> >

> Not long after looking closer at this issue, I found the problem.
> The page with the wrong content type contains some characters that
> are outside the printable range.  It looks like ZServer saw those
> characters and thought it was an octet stream.  The problem
> appears to be in my page generation.

I had a problem just the other day when I uploaded some dtml to a dtml
method using the latest version of ie from MacOS 8.x.  I never figured out
what was going on, I just used netscape to upload correctly.  The variables
were as follows, I was using MacOS 8 (don't ask, it wasn't my fault), MSIE
5.x, and the file was stored on a zip disk in DOS format.  One of those
things was breaking the upload process.

--sam