[Zope] some advice for a news site

Luis Bordas lbordas@cantv.net
Wed, 1 Dec 1999 21:58:54 -0400

We have a project of a Web-zine that has to run on a Linux box. I heard
about Zope and I'm impressed so far.

The site will have functionality like "related news" and "send this to a
friend". We also need to be able to categorize the content/news and search
with keywords.

There will be "subscribers" that will receive daily tips with links to the
news on the Web site. Those will be stored in a RDBMS.

We took a look at PHP3 and MySQL as an interesting choice, but after reading
about Zope we would like to take the better alternative.

Is it possible to use the Z ODB to store the news instead of a RDBMS,
without loosing the functionality we need?... Maybe a combination of Zope
and MySQL?.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Luis Bordas