[Zope] Viewing versions and logging out?

Oleg Broytmann phd@phd.russ.ru
Thu, 2 Dec 1999 10:03:01 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 1 Dec 1999, Art Hampton wrote:
> There is a way to give someone a URL that lets them see into a version
> you have created.  What is it?  Once they've done that, is there another
> URL that will disable the version?

   If you have a site on http://my.site/, and Zope under /Zope/ URL, and
you have a Version "Sidebar_Ver" in a folder "Test1", the URL to the
version is
   http://my.site/Zope/Test1/Sidebar_Ver. If you assign correct permissions
for the version, you can define who can join the version. Once I had a
version that can be viewed by Anonymous user (but only view, not edit).
   You can publish direct URLs to join and leave the version:
http://my.site/Zope/Test1/Sidebar_Ver/enter and
http://my.site/Zope/Test1/Sidebar_Ver/leave.

> Logging out:
> There is a snippet of code that logs someone out (posted to
> zope@zope.org just in the last few days perhaps?  Searching my inbox
> came up empty).  What was that again?

   Depends on how you do authentication - Cookie or Basic Auth.

Oleg.
----
    Oleg Broytmann      Foundation for Effective Policies      phd@phd.russ.ru