[Zope] can't update integer values in oracle

Adam Gotheridge adam@foxvalley.net
Thu, 2 Dec 1999 11:09:39 -0600

If I have a form variable in a dtml document like
<input type="hidden" name="milestoneid" value=43>

and when I try to run the sql method(below) to update the db form a form
submission (to another dtml doc which calls the sql method) I get

"Invalid integer value for milestoneid "

My sql method looks like this:
update task set
milestoneid=<dtml-sqlvar milestoneid type=int>, task_name=<dtml-sqlvar
task_name type=string>,
description=<dtml-sqlvar description type=string>, task_date=<dtml-sqlvar
task_date type=string>,
hours=<dtml-sqlvar hours type=string>, username=<dtml-sqlvar username
type=string>,
status=<dtml-sqlvar status type=string>
WHERE taskid=<dtml-sqlvar taskid type=int>

Another intersting fast is that when I test the sql method in the management
interface, I get the result shown below, but the update statement in fact
succeeds.

" This was not a query. "

SQL used:

update task set
milestoneid=43, task_name='test',
description='test update', task_date='',
hours='', username='bryant',
status='OPEN'
WHERE taskid=233

Please help.