[Zope] Problems running 2.1.0 final

David C. Morrill dmorrill@austin.rr.com
Thu, 2 Dec 1999 20:48:47 -0600

I just downloaded and expanded the Zope-2.1.0 final .tgz file and have run
into the following problem:

1) When I attempted to run './install', nothing happened. Further
investigation revealed that the version of python shipped with 2.1.0 was
generating a 'segmentation fault'.

2) I replaced the 2.1.0 version of python with the 2.0.1 version and
successfully completed the installation.

3) When I attempted to './start' the new 2.1.0 version of Zope, I got the
following error (after a traceback):
   ImportError: /home/webuser/Zope-2.1.0/lib/python/ZODB/cPersistence.so:
undefined symbol: __bzero

4) Presumably this is due to reverting to the old 2.0.1 version of python.
Restoring the 2.1.0 version results in the 'segmentation fault' again.

BTW, my linux box is running RedHat 5.2. Is this some kind of a library
mismatch problem? I didn't see anything in the README about a new version of
python being used.

Anyone have any tips or suggestions as to how I can get 2.1.0 running?

Dave Morrill