[Zope] Zope 2.1.0 final has been released

Brian Lloyd Brian@digicool.com
Fri, 3 Dec 1999 10:19:45 -0500

> > Digital Creations is happy to announce that Zope 2.1.0 final has
> > been released! This release includes many bug fixes, performance
> > and reliability improvements and a number of new features since
> > 2.0.1.
>
> Some of these bug fixes aren't in the CHANGES.txt, as far as
> I can tell -
> which is good (less bugs than you'd think).  Like the one
> where you'd click
> on "methods" in a Product and it would claim you're not
> authorized to view
> it.  Are there any more serious bugs that were fixed but not
> documented?
>
> And I vaguely recall some new feature mentioned by someone
> that's not in
> CHANGES.txt - too late in the evening for me to remember what it was.

The policy for CHANGES.txt is that all user-visible new features or
bugs fixed should be in there, as well as all user-reported bugs
even if they are not necessarily user-visible. In reality, this
basically means most everything :^)

There is a zope-checkins list that has the message for *all* changes,
which I go through prior to release to make sure none of us forgot
anything, but it seems that I may have missed something. I'll have
the beatings commence at once :^)

Seriously though, our goal is for CHANGES.txt is to reflect everything
relevant to the community of Zope users. I don't expect that many
things were missed, but you're correct to point it out and I'll make
sure to be more thorough in the future.

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909