[Zope] Silly(?) rewrite question

Randy Edwards redwards@golgotha.net
Sat, 04 Dec 1999 12:52:04 +0000

   I'm having a problem with a Zope-related Apache rewrite.  What I want to
do is to run a "normal" Apache server as my www "root" and to have Zope as a
subdirectory off from that root.  So in other words, I want Zope to be all
under the "News" subdirectory of the web server.

   This seemed like it'd be easy to do, so I simply modified the default
rewrite to:

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
  RewriteEngine on
  RewriteCond %{HTTP:Authorization}  ^(.*)
  RewriteRule ^/News/(.*) /usr/lib/cgi-bin/Zope/$1 (this wraps here)
[e=HTTP_CGI_AUTHORIZATION:%1,t=application/x-httpd-cgi,l]
</IfModule>

  At first glance this seems to work fine.  If I go to
http://localhost/News/ I get the Zope home page just fine.  If I go to
[...]News/manage/ I get the management screen and can log in as superuser.
I can modify things, and I can add objects, *but* if I try to delete or cut
an object, I get the error message "Not Found  The requested URL /News was
not found on this server."

   Does anyone know what's going on and can whack me with a clue-bat?  Am I
approaching this in the right way/any other easier ways to accomplish making
Zope live in an Apache subdirectory?  Any pointers would be greatly
appreciated, TIA.

 Regards,
 .
 Randy

--
"If the current stylistic distinctions between open-source and commercial
software persist,  an open-software  revolution could lead to yet another