[Zope] Zope 2.1.0 Linux binary now fixed for RH 5.x users...

Brian Lloyd Brian@digicool.com
Mon, 6 Dec 1999 16:21:54 -0500

> :: > For those of you who have reported strange problems with the
> :: > Zope 2.1.0 binary release on your Linux systems, the Zope 2.1.0
> :: > binary release for Linux has been updated.
> :: >
> ::
> :: It runs fine on my RedHat 6.1 installation.
>
> I snarfed the *original* version Friday night for a 6.1 install.
>
> Are there any issues with future CVS stuff?

Shouldn't be - the problem was that I built the linux binary
release on a 6.x (glibc 2.1) machine without realizing that
a glibc 2.1 backward compatability problem would bite those
using earlier versions :(

In other words, it's not a code problem but a build environment
problem - CVS users would be totally unaffected since they
dont get compiled binaries via CVS.

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909