[Zope] Question About Additional info for AUTHENTICATED_USER

Stuart 'Zen' Bishop zen@cs.rmit.edu.au
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 16:22:19 +1100 (EST)

On Mon, 6 Dec 1999, scott kaplan wrote:

> I can set the subject in a cookie, or somether session object, but i still
> need to store the info of which subejct is associated with which user to
> set the cookie, unless I am missing something.

If you are pulling your user information from an external source (LDAP,
RDBMS etc), then it can simply be done by pulling the subject from
the same source. Just create a DTML method somewhere high up
called something like userSubject that queries your database and
returns the subject for that user.

This method can also be used if you are using the default userfolder,
but means you have two places to update things instead of one.

--
 ___
   //     Zen (alias Stuart Bishop)     Work: zen@cs.rmit.edu.au