[Zope] Automatically Populating the title Property on html files imported via ftp

Rik Hoekstra RikHoekstra@bigfoot.com
Tue, 07 Dec 1999 10:50:05 +0100

> > > I've been trying to figure out a way to do this and have been
> > > banging my head
> > > against the wall.  The end user still want's to edit the site
> > > with dreamweaver
> > > but needs the titles to show up in the catalog search.
> > > When using the ftp interface you lose properties that have
> > > been set, and you
> > > have nothing set on new documents.
> > > Any suggestions?
> >
> > If you want to work really hard, you could create your own kind of
> > object that parsed the title out of the HTML that gets FTPed up.
> >
> > Other than that, I can't think of any better way than getting an
> editor
> > that speaks HTTP in a scriptable way or XML-RPC.
> >
> > -Michel
> >

> A colleague of mine wrote up an object that sucks files of the local
> filesystem, replaces the start of the doc with  <dtml-var
> standard_html_header> and the bottom with footer, and nicks whatever is
> within <TITLE></TITLE> to make the Title property of the DTML-doc..
> Works rather neatly, but is still in development..
> I'll talk to him about making it a product if it is stable and someone
> are interested..   Doesn't help you with ftp, though ..

AFAIK this is already included with the zope distribution. Look for
<zope root>/utilities/load_site.py. This only works with the filesystem and
not for ftp, but you might use it in some way.

Rik