[Zope] Reload/reload/reload

Oleg Broytmann phd@phd.russ.ru
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 15:14:10 +0000 (GMT)

Hello!

   I have a strange problem. I went to a page (to http://sun.med.ru/Zope/,
for example, but any Zope page showed the same symptom) and press Reload a
few times. Browser showed the page - reload - the page - reload - hangs for
a few seconds... Error: "The page does not contains data".
   Apache access_log:
the_page 200
the_page 200
the_page 200
the_page 304

   Status 304 means "the page didn't change, show from a cache", but
browser bugs on this. I am using Netscape 4.7 for glibc2.

   I tried it with lynx, but lynx didn't showd this, and all access in
access_log marked with status 200.
   Anyway, even with lynx I had some strange problem - when I press Reload
very often lynx showed the page - reload - the page - reload - hangs for
2-3 seconds - reload - the page - reload - the page - reload - hangs for
2-3 seconds...
   Is it Zope that does this little pauses?

Oleg.
----
    Oleg Broytmann      Foundation for Effective Policies      phd@phd.russ.ru