[Zope] Objet : Re: [Zope] DCORACLE for Linux-SGI system

Francois-Regis CHALAOUX fchalaou@strasbourg.synthelabo.fr
Tue, 07 Dec 1999 17:02:50 +0100

Hi Christopher,

It's an SGI running IRIX. These oracle native libraries are on this SGI.
The SGI partition ( $oracle_home) is mounted on my Linux box and I have the rights to work on it. Do you confirm with this state that I can install on the Linux box the dcoracle api and the adapter?

FR.

>>> Christopher Petrilli <petrilli@digicool.com> 07/12/99 16:55:07 >>>
On 12/7/99 6:52 AM, Francois-Regis CHALAOUX at
fchalaou@strasbourg.synthelabo.fr wrote:

> Is it possible to use Zope with DCORACLE api + DCORACLE Adapter on a linux box
> to query an oracle db ( 8.0.5 ) on a SGI machine?
> $ORACLE_HOME from sgi is mounted via nfs on the Linux.

Ugh.... since I'm no sure what this is supposed to mean (is the SGI box an
Intel or MIPS environment, running IRIX, Linux or NT?), I'll just say that
you have to have native libraries which you can link correctly with the
adapter.  If you have libraries on the machine that Zope runs on that you
can use, then you're fine :-)

Chris