[Zope] Re: Automatically Populating the title Property on html files imported via ftp

Geir B Hansen geirh@funcom.com
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 09:14:01 +0100

> I am very interested in an import object especially if it can be
managed
> through the Zope UI. I may need to import hundreds of files into Zope
in
> some time. Also, I'm looking for ways to easily exchange files with
editors
> like DreamWeaver.
> Cheers.
> Alexandre

I'll check our import object, and get back to you on the status of it..
You might want to try load_site.py in the meantime..

As Dreamveaver needs extensions to recognise files, and behaves
uncooperatively with its ftp-client, i haven't had much luck using it
with zope, but Allaire Homesite did the job for me.. The last version is
very good, extensible, and provides an excellent two-way ftp access to
your ZODB..
Last i checked , Homesite cam bundled with the boxed version of
Dreamveawer, but if you bought it on-line, i don't know what the status
is.. Download a trial version from allaire and try for yourself..
(You'll lose the WYSIWYG interface, but the web isn't WYSIWYG anyway so
it's not that big a loss in my opinion)

Geir B Hansen
geirh@funcom.com
Web-designer / Graphic artist