[Zope] Zope Performance Methodology?

Chris McDonough chrism@digicool.com
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 08:42:12 -0500

> I haven't run any standardized benchmarks against them yet, but I plan
> on doing so for the Dual CPU machines, and the two HP babies. On the
> latter, I am checking to see if my boss will let me publish my results
> on them externally (wouldn't know why they wouldn't ... :).
>
> Anybody have a preferred webserver benchmark that is appropriate for
> Zope?
>
> If desired, I could turn this into a howto ...
>
> Bill

Wow, this is all great information!

Can I supply my vote for a HOWTO?

As far as a benchmark tool... errr... its such a touchy subject.  But
let me stick my neck out and put in a vote for "ab" (the Apache
benchmark tool).

I for one would love to see how those different platforms compare to one
another, even if the benchmarks are unreplicable.

Thanks again!

- Chris