[Zope] DTML Methods and parameters

Christopher Petrilli petrilli@digicool.com
Wed, 08 Dec 1999 10:39:17 -0500

On 12/8/99 9:53 AM, Alwyn Schoeman at alwyns@prism.co.za wrote:

> Can I call a user-defined DTML-Method with user-definded
> parameters?

The easiest way is simply to shove the information in the namespace
somewhere.  Currently DTML methods can not explicitly define a set of
"parameters" that they expect.  This is because DTML is not designed for
general purpose programming.

> Can someone please illustrate or point me to a reference?

You might want to look at Evan Simpson's Python Methods if you're seriously
in need of explicit parameter specification.

Chris