[Zope] SQL Inserts and Unique keys

Timothy Grant tjg@avalongroup.net
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 11:39:58 -0800

Hi folk,

Got a client actually paying me some real money to do a Zope project for
them! It is my first one that is not "internal use only."

Anyway, I've had to go on the education fast track again, I got Zope
lashed up to PostgreSQL and all works beautifully and I'm very pleased.
Something else I am very pleased about is the quality of material on
this list, I have over 10,000 messages archived, and it has been an
invaluable source of information, thanks to each and every one of you
who have answered many Zope/SQL questions for me and don't even know it.

Now my question, I have a table that has a unique key. When I attempt to
do an insert of a duplicate key from Zope, I simply get a "the form has
no data" error, how can I handle/trap this condition from within Zope?

--
Stand Fast,
    tjg.

Timothy Grant                     tjg@exceptionalminds.com
Chief Technology Officer          www.exceptionalminds.com
Red Hat Certified Engineer           office (503) 246-3630
Avalon Technology Group, Inc.           fax (503) 246-3124