[Zope] ZDiscussion How does one use this??

Jochen Haeberle listen@MIDRAS.de
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 12:26:37 +0100

At 11:13 Uhr -0500 09.12.1999, Mike Pelletier wrote:
>Jochen Haeberle wrote:
>
>  > I noticed that the factory of my system is not working correctly.
>  > Although "default" is marked, all the files in "default methods" of
>  > the product are not copied to the new fodler. After manually copying
>  > the files, it works... This happens with Zope 2.0.1 as well as with
>  > Zope 2.1. Is this a bug??
>
>     Yes, it is.  It seems to only add the default methods when you
>create the Topic object in the root folder.  I'll have a fix shortly,
>but in the meantime I've seen reports that using the 'Regenerate
>methods' view will work correctly and add the required methods.

Yes, this works as does copying from the Products page, but it is no solution
for my editors...

Mike, I posted about a problem with your product, could you please
have a look at this?

I would like to include the main discussion on an article page, so
people could start right
discussing what they read. So the ZDiscussions folder would reside
next to the article.
The DTML of index_html in the discussion folder should be included in
the article page,
surrounded by >dtml-with discussion> , where discussion is the ID of
the folder. This
produces the surrounding markup but no tree-tag and not the
alternative "no message in discussion"

How is it possible to include the discussion thread in a page out of
the discussion folder?

Is there any documentation for zdiscussion? I would like something
between zdiscussion and
the Confera drop in, but am not good enough at reading python code directly :-(

Thanks for your help

Jochen