[Zope] Conferencing Environment

Chris Abraham chris@URBAN.NET
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 13:36:31 -0500

Hello all:

I have my first real Zope account (aside from putzing around on my local
box) through Beehive.de and I am looking forward to all the possibilities.

The first thing I would like to do is emulate a tool such as Well's linear
conferencing tool or Caucus' linear conferencing tool, Caucus.

I currently have it running as my backend for my site called "MemeSpace"
<http://memes.org> and will need to be figuring out other solutions within
the next year or so, so I am seeing if this is a project anybody out there
is interested in?

Go self-register and look around and tell me if this is feasible or if it is
a pipe dream?

The current tool is not database-backed and it flat file, but it is a tool I
think works so I am keen to not use a tool like a threaded forum or
confera -- although their tools might be very helpful as would a tie in link
with squishdot -- I bet you all the modular parts are made already and I bet
you its doable and useful to the posse at zope-edu as well.

Chris