[Zope] Zope.org's news product

Brian Lloyd Brian@digicool.com
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 14:26:19 -0500

> A student of mine and I have been planning to put together a
> ZClass-based
> news posting product for our site. Squishdot and KM|Net News
> are really
> overkill for what we want. Really, it seems that the way news is
> implemented at Zope.org is what we'd like. So, DC folks, would it be
> possible to make it available? That'd save me some time. :-)

Your best bet right now would be to just use SD or KM/Net
for now, even if you don't use all the features. The current
News component of Zope.org isn't in a form suitable for
reuse and making it so would be a non-trivial effort (and
would also be duplicated work, since Michel is working
feverishly on the Right Answer for the Portal Toolkit -
more on this RSN).

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909