[Zope] Zope (connection online)

jpglutting@cochrane.es jpglutting@cochrane.es
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 04:47:43 +0100

Hi Barbara,

Yes, that online thing is a pain. It did not used to do that (I am sure
some of the real smart Zope folks can tell you why...). Anyway,
once you get Zope going on a Win PC, you can disconnect the
Internet connection and keep using it as "localhost".

Cheers,

JP

Message: 25
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 20:58:14 -0600
To: zope@zope.org
From: Barbara Pfieffer <bjp@bejay.com>
Subject: [Zope] Newbie confusion

I just downloaded Zope and I'm really excited about what I want to
do with
it.

Here's the problem, when I start Zope, it keeps forcing me to
connect to
the Net. (I'm running Win98, BTW). Is there any way to run ZServer
without
being connected to the net?

And how easy is it to transfer Zope files created on a Windows
machine to
a Solaris website?  Or am I stuck hanging online all the time I'm
working
with Zope?

Thanks in advance!

Barbara