[Zope] newbie and frames

Tue, 14 Dec 1999 22:38:37 +1100

>>> Ingo Wilmer wrote
> I'm subscribed to this List since July, but i never read somthing about
> the Problem i face right now. I want to set up a System that needs a
> frameset, which has to interact (like klicking on my menuebutton on the
> left changes both frames [left and right]) all managed by Zope.
> Now i can't find anything about Zope and Frames. My Question at this
> Point :
> Can i work with frames, or do i have to make it all in one page (like in
> most Systems aut there) ?
> If someone could point me to the some resource of information or give
> short answer i'd be happy

Sure. This is just a HTML thing, not a Zope thing. You'll need to put
bits of Javascript into your pages to control how the browser behaves
when you click on a frame link. Normally in a frameset, a link will
only replace the current frame's contents - you need to supply an
onClick argument to your tags in the HTML to do what you want. Hm, there's
a bunch of good sites and books out there dealing with this... try
looking over at the documentation on netscape's web site.

Anthony