[Zope] returning ids from objectValues in External Method

JP Glutting webmaster@cochrane.es
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 14:31:50 +0100

I have a question that has *got* to have a simple answer, but I canīt seem to
figure it out. I am trying to return a list of ids from an External Method,
after they have been sorted and selected according to some simple search
criteria.

The code looks something like this (stripped down to the basics):

idList=[]
for OB in self.objectValues('HTML Document'):
  idList.append(getattr(OB, 'id')
return idList

And I get back a list of empty items (or empty strings with repr(getattr(OB,

I can get any other attribute (title, etc.), but not the id.

Sigh. I clearly don't get it yet...

Thanks for any help,

JP

JP Glutting