[Zope] advanced web database question

David Fu dfu@rhoworld.com
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 16:57:02 -0500

This problem bothered me for quite a long. I hope somebody can help me out.

Here is my project:

in FIRST page, I have table name list (using Radio to get user feedback).
User clicks any of the table name and click submit button, he will be
redirected to the second page.

in SECOND page, I have bunch of fields list (using Checkbox to get user
feedback),  which are associated with that table. After user chooses field
/ fields and submit it, he should be able to see the result table in the
THIRD page.

FIRST page and SECOND page use table TableDef in database DB1; while THIRD
page uses database DB2.

I can pass the table name from FIRST page to SECOND one by using FORM, and
I can pass field/fields name from SEOND page to the THIRD page by using
FORM too.  But my question is How I can pass table name from FIRST page to
the THIRD page because I have to use table name in the THIRD page.
( SQL query is: SELECT <dtml-var FieldsName> FROM <dtml-var TableName>; )

I try to use External Method to remember something. But it didn't work out.

Any help is highly appreicated.

--David