[Zope] Namespace problem

Andres Corrada andres@corrada.com
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 14:08:30 -0500

Dave Parker wrote:

> IMHO this is a really *bad* problem that should be fixed asap - it has
> denied me opportunities for some really decent abstraction countless
> times.
>
> Anyone else?  If someone would like I'll cook up a proper demonstration
> of this.

Thank you so much for your detailed explanation of the problem, Dave. I
guess I should mention that I got around the problem by putting moving
"subfolder/methodA" into the folder of the calling DTML document, thus
allowing me to write "<dtml-if "subfolder.methodB()">" within
"mainfolder/methodA". As you mentioned, this "pollutes" the "mainfolder"
with methods that should really be in "subfolder". Again, thank you for
your thoughts on this problem.

Andres Corrada-Emmanuel   Email: andres@corrada.com
Owner                     http://www.corrada.com/mamey
Mamey                     Phone: (413) 587-9595