[Zope] force upper case in REQUEST

Terry Kerr terry.kerr@eng.monash.edu.au
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 13:01:40 +1100

Hi,

I want to force a property entered by a user when creating a zclass to
uppercase.  The _addform method for the Zclass sends a REQUEST variable
'id' to the _add method.  The _add method currently does this:

<!--#with "SubjectClass.createInObjectManager(REQUEST['id'],
REQUEST)"-->
<dtml-call "propertysheets.subject_info.manage_changeProperties(
	subject_code=REQUEST['id'],

But I want the subject_code property to be uppercase, so I imagine I
need something like:

<!--#with "SubjectClass.createInObjectManager(REQUEST['id'],
REQUEST)"-->
<dtml-call "propertysheets.subject_info.manage_changeProperties(
	subject_code=<dtml-var id upper>,

This returns invalid syntax?  How can I convert to upper case?