[Zope] ZOracleDA periodically drops connections, please help

Jarvis John jarvis.sd082@ex.tel.co.jp
Sat, 18 Dec 1999 04:07:01 +0900

Hi,
  I have the same problem (w/o crashes, though), but suspected that it
was
from the Oracle session timing out when in an inactive state. The DBAs
won't
give my connections unlimited idle time :^/
  Because of this, I figured it might not be the Zope end that's
disconnecting.
I created an SQL Method that just returns a '1' and run it periodically
via cron to refresh the session. I have yet to lose another connection,
but
it hasn't really been running long enough to be conclusive.

   You might also try to call the DA's manage_close_connection and
manage_open_connection methods to reset your connections every once in a
while.
   Something like:

from ZPublisher import Client
Client.call('http://hostname/path_to_connection_obj/manage_close_connection'