[Zope] Re: [ZDP] DISCUSS: Zope Front Door mockup

Jim Washington jwashin@vt.edu
Sat, 18 Dec 1999 16:25:03 +0000

Amos,

Good show so far.  I agree with other respondents that a bit of 'flash'
might promote a more professional image.

I think in addition that some way of seeing more of what people are
doing with Zope would be helpful.  Make it more personal and less
'faceless.'

One way to do this would be to put additional optional hooks into member
information:

* photo
* occupation
* links to, or screenshots of, zope-based websites the member has put
up, with type of site (commercial, corporate, educational, personal,
porn???  etc...)

Perhaps, if enough members have this information available, the front
page could feature a "Zopista profile" (in the manner of "Dewars
profile") of a random or periodically selected member?

Just brainstorming... But I usually wonder, when I see a site promoting
a product, "What kind of weirdoes use the product, and for what?"  "Am I
that kind of weirdo?"  "Do I have to be a rocket scientist to get going
with it?"

-- Jim Washington