[Zope] ever see this ? Confera.py error trace back

Evan Simpson evan@4-am.com
Sat, 18 Dec 1999 11:45:22 -0600

ozric wrote:

> I was checking out Confera, I just did some very lite mods to the DTML's
> and when I was testing it out and when replying to a message I get this.
>
>   File /var/tmp/python-root/usr/lib/python1.5/regsub.py, line 38, in gsub
> AttributeError: (see above)
>
> I looked at the Confera.py and found line 565,  it looks the same as line
> 287.  I know it has something to do with splitting the index_html to see the
> thead. Any help would be great,  I am just learnig Python and don't know
> what is error is all about. btw I have Python 1.5.2 and Zope 2.1.1 .

This may or may not be the problem you're seeing, but I was recently very
startled to discover that Confera was dying on messages with carriage returns!

I ended up making the following changes to Confera.py:

o Dump regsub module in favor of ts_regex
o Change all calls to "split(regsub.gsub(..." to "split(ts_regex.gsub(crlf..."
o Make module global constant "crlf = '\r\n|\n\r' "

Cheers,

Evan @ 4-am