[Zope] CVS

Brian Lloyd Brian@digicool.com
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 09:44:55 -0500

> In your public cvs repository, are you using branches for
> each release,
> tags, or anything?
>
> Is it only possible to checkout the latest developer version,
> or do you
> create a branch for say 2.2.1 and then add all bugfixes to it
> until the
> next public release?

The current strategy is to create a branch when an x.y release
goes into beta - changes leading up to the x.y final and
subsequent changes leading to x.y.z releases are added to the
branch (as well as the main line, of course). Starting with
the next x.y release, you will be able to use the tag:

Zope-x_y-release

to get that branch. I say "starting with the next release"
because we just recently decided on this convention - you
can get the branch that 2.1.1 was generated from now, but
you'll need to do:

cvs co -r Zope-2_1_0 ...

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909