[Zope] Anyone? --> RH 6.1, Zope 2.1.1, Apache 1.39-4, FastCGI 2.2.3 (Was: FastCGI and apache setup problems)

- bak@nstp.com.my
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 13:25:07 +0800

On Tue, 21 Dec 1999, you wrote:

> Yes. I'm going round in circles tryng to overcome similar problems.
> It's really looking like maybe RH 6.1 and Zope 2.1.1 are ganging up on
> FastCGI.  :>(
>
> With either the socket or TCP port method, I can see
> http://localhost/z, but I cannot get authorization to work for
> http://localhost/z/manage (although superuser/password works for
> http://localhost:8080/manage).

i managed to get fast cgi working with zope 2.1.0 and rh6.1.  but i used userdb
to authenticate users, cookie based, not basic authentication.

here's my configs:
--httpd.conf---
FastCgiExternalServer /home/httpd/html/x -host localhost:8999 -pass-header Authorization
<Location /x>
Options ExecCGI
SetHandler fastcgi-script
</location>

---

that's about all.  and i can get to my page at
http://myserver/x
http://myserver/x/manage
--
the only thing that stops me from using fastcgi is that i can't access myserver
without the 'x' in the url.  tried rewrites - won't go.  so, had to settled

i would think that if fastcgi works with 2.1.0, it should work with 2.1.1

http://www.kedai.com.my/kk
Am I Evil?