[Zope] Expressions with strings with double-quotations?

Dave Parker dparker@globalcrossing.com
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 08:27:12 -0600

Michel Pelletier wrote:

> > This is (theoretically) as in <dtml-var "'hello \" world'"> -
> > whenever I
> > try anything like this Zope misses the escape and terminates the
> > expression (colorfully)...
>
> This can't be done; You can't get there from here.

That's unfortunate given the bevy of logic I have that relies on proper
CSV delimiting.  I suppose I can use '+_.chr(#)+'.  But that's pretty
ugly.

I suspect I have an understanding of the ugliness of the problem, but it
really does detract from "expressions are a pure python environment"...