[Zope] how to capture a password

Stephen Pitts smpitts@midsouth.rr.com
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 04:11:45 -0600

On Tue, Dec 21, 1999 at 11:10:12AM +0100, Cornelis J. de Brabander wrote:
> I have a zope powered site that uses basic authentication. In addition to
> the acl_users folder I have a database with user information, like name data
> and email address. Within this setup I want to give the user the opportunity
> to have his/her password sent by email in case (s)he has forgotten. How can
> I solve this problem within the current setup. I can't find a method that
> delivers a user's password and I fear it does not exist.
> Cornelis J. de Brabander

This is a little offtopic, but you seem to be creating more work for
yourself by storing users in the acl_users folder AND storing additional
data in an RDBMS. There are Zope Products (http://www.zope.org/Products)
that allow you to directly authenticate against the Unix password file,
an LDAP database, or a MySQL database. That might be easier for you in
the long run.
--
Stephen Pitts
smpitts@midsouth.rr.com