[Zope] NTUserFolder requires win32ext - how do I link to that?

Geoff Gardiner ggardiner@synomics.com
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 17:00:56 -0000

I have read the advice about using the inbuilt copy of Python when
installing Zope, and confirmed for myself that I don't see how to get Zope
to use an existing installed version of Python.

But I am trying NTUserFolder which relies on win32 extensions. I have
installed NTUserFolder and confirmed that it too doesn't run with the
default installation (<Error Type: KeyError; Error Value: PARENT_URL>, when
adding a new user; details below - I assume that lack of win32ext is the
problem but could very easily be wrong).

I would like to know either
- how to get win32extensions visible to the Zope copy of python, or
- how to get Zope to look at my 'win32all' python installation (which I
would ensure to be the latest version of python).

As always, thank you for any pointers to a solution.

Geoff

----------------

Traceback (innermost last):
  File C:\PROGRA~1\WebSite\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 214, in
publish_module
  File C:\PROGRA~1\WebSite\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 179, in
publish
  File C:\PROGRA~1\WebSite\lib\python\Zope\__init__.py, line 202, in
zpublisher_exception_hook
    (Object: RoleManager)
  File C:\PROGRA~1\WebSite\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 165, in
publish
  File C:\PROGRA~1\WebSite\lib\python\ZPublisher\mapply.py, line 160, in
mapply
    (Object: manage_edit)
  File C:\PROGRA~1\WebSite\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 102, in
call_object
    (Object: manage_edit)
  File C:\PROGRA~1\WebSite\lib\python\Products\NTUserFolder\NTUserFolder.py,
line 69, in manage_edit
    (Object: RoleManager)
  File C:\PROGRA~1\WebSite\lib\python\ZPublisher\HTTPRequest.py, line 760,
in __getitem__
KeyError: (see above)