[Zope] FreeTDS Patches and How-To Available

Wed, 22 Dec 1999 12:54:09 +1100

>>> Andrew Kenneth Milton wrote
>
> http://www.zope.org/Members/TheJester/
> The How-To and the patches are there. It's ugly and I admit it upfront.
> YMMV.

Hm, I've just been looking into this(*) a bit more closely - as at the
current released version (0.50) the freetds code is _not_ threadsafe.
There's immediately obvious problems in src/dblib/dblib.c and
src/tds/convert.c (and they're marked as problems).

Using it with Zope2 and the current DC Sybase Adaptor would be dangerous,
unless you run with -t 1.

Anthony

(*) a challenge: go to the sybase web site, and try to find a product
number, or a price, for their client library for solaris. Heck, try to
find _anything_ useful for something other than NT or Linux... *sigh*