[Zope] with-tag-problem ..

Geir B Hansen Geir B Hansen <geirh@funcom.com>
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 11:23:57 +0100

Hiyah zopistas.

I am estranged to why i cannot solve this problem by myself.
I thought I had finally come to peace with namespaces and objects,
but, alas, no..

I have a method which makes a folder and creates users with local
roles for it, based on submissions from a form. The problem is, I want
to make another object, let's say another folder, within my newly
created folder.

<dtml-call "REQUEST.set('id',REQUEST.name)">
<dtml-call "acl_users.manage_users(submit='Add',REQUEST=REQUEST)">
<dtml-call "manage_addFolder(REQUEST.name, REQUEST=REQUEST)">

<---with tag to get within the newly created folder goes here---->
<dtml-call "manage_addFolder('testfolderwithin', REQUEST=REQUEST)">
<--end the with tag----->

tried all variations of the with tag i could think of, but without success:
<dtml-with name>
<dtml-with "name">
<dtml-with _['name']>
they all return 'name' as a string, not an object, and the
'testfolderwithin' is created in the parent folder, not as a child of
'name'...
i also tried using ..-call "name.manage_addFolder .." with all the
above variations. Then i get the expected error that 'name' is a
string not an object.

How can i make Zope understand that i want to reference the newly
created 'name' folder (of which we do not know the actual name) as an
object and not a string ??

--
Geir B Hansen
web-developer/designer